This was posted on my neighborhood website and is more complete than other information I have seen. Please feel free to pass this along.
SUBJECT: Corona Virus Prevention from Stanford Medical EXTREMELY USEFUL
FROM: a member of the Stanford hospital board. This is their feedback for now on the Coronavirus.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT CORONAVIRUS
- If you have a runny nose and sputum, you have a common cold.
- Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose.
- This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 degrees. It hates the Sun.
- If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
- If it drops on a metal surface, it will live for at least 12 hours. If you come into contact with any metal surface, wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
- On fabric, it can survive for 6-12 hours. Normal laundry detergent will kill it.
- Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice.
- Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but a lot can happen during that time. You can rub your eyes, pick your nose unwittingly and so on.
- You should also gargle as prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.
- I can’t emphasize enough; drink plenty of water!
- It will first infect the throat, so you’ll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days.
- The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
- With pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.
- The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you are drowning. It’s imperative you then seek immediate attention.
SERIOUS EXCELLENT ADVICE BY JAPANESE DOCTORS TREATING COVID-19 CASES:
Everyone should ensure your mouth & throat are moist, never dry. Take a few sips of water every 15 minutes at least. Why? Even if the virus gets into your mouth, drinking water or other liquids will wash them down through your throat and into the stomach. Once there, your stomach acid will kill all the viruses. If you don’t drink enough water more regularly, the virus can enter your windpipe and into the lungs. That’s very dangerous.
Please send and share this with family and friends. Take care everyone and may the world recover from this Coronavirus soon.
IMPORTANT:The new Coronavirus may not show signs of infection for many days. How can one know if he/she is infected? By the time they have a fever and/or cough and go to the hospital, the lung is usually 50% Fibrosis and it’s too late (Fibrosis is not reversible). Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning. Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, etc., it proves there is no Fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicating no infection. In critical times, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air.
Wishing you love in all that you do,